Thursday, September 1, 2016

Change is in the Wind

My wife and I have relocated to Redding, CA. We both wanted to be closer to our children, the coast, rivers, and high mountains.  I have been painting mainly the Southwest for 15 years and it is time to refresh my creative juices with more water scenes. My first oil painting, completed when I was a senior in high school, was a seascape inspired by coastal scenes near Laguna, CA.  Jan and I are both river runners and beach rats, loving to walk along the surf.  My dad and I sailed in small regattas out of Newport harbor nearly every Sunday when I was growing up. Redding is only 3 hours from the north coast via highway 299 that follows the path of the Trinity River, my favorite Steelhead fishing river that I discovered when I attended Humboldt State University back in the day. I am looking forward to expanding my painting interests to revisit the beauty and power of the pacific coast and to continue to expand my love for wild rivers.

I will no longer be participating in the Grand Canyon Celebration of Art, Being involved in this event since its inception, and supporting the Grand Canyon Association, has been a great joy, I will miss it. The Sedona Arts Center has been very good to me and I will dearly miss the organization and especially my long time friends that still work there. I hope to be able to find a similar arts association in the Redding area.


No comments:

Post a Comment